The great half about brunching at house today? I can at all times rely on Tony to make the bacon as a result of you recognize, males and their meat obsession. SMH.
In the meantime, I’m liable for making the FLUFFIEST, most scrumptious coconut flour pancakes.
Great products that you can use in your life.
At present, I’m SUPER into the paleo pancake mix from Bob’s Pink Mill, however I additionally love making my very own do-it-yourself paleo pancake combine made with coconut flour aka these beautiful coconut flour pancakes.
The last time I baked Tony something with coconut flour in it, he fell in love and ate half the loaf for brunch. I used to be a bit of stunned as a result of coconut flour has a bit of little bit of a distinct texture and taste, however clearly he loved it. He truly does this with many of the meals I make. I feel I’m making a meal for Four and it turns right into a meal for two; three servings for him and one for me. Since then I’ve cooked and baked tons of coconut flour recipes which might be a few of our all-time favorites.
Is coconut flour wholesome?
Sure, coconut flour is an incredible flour to cook dinner and bake with as a result of it has an enormous vary of well being advantages. Listed below are a number of well being advantages of coconut flour:
- Coconut flour is of course grain and gluten free. This makes it a fantastic flour to make use of in baking (and naturally, pancakes) for folks with celiac illness or who’re delicate to wheat and different grains.
- It’s decrease in carbs. These coconut flour pancakes are a lot decrease in carbs than conventional pancakes made with wheat flours — all because of coconut flour!
- It’s full of vitamins. The most effective components about coconut flour is that it naturally packs fiber, protein and wholesome fat all whereas being gluten and grain free. The additional vitamins makes these banana coconut flour pancakes deliciously filling, and also you’ll discover that you simply gained’t have to make use of as a lot sweetener due to the pure sweetness in coconut flour.
Components in coconut flour pancakes
These coconut flour pancakes are SO SO SO good. Not solely are they dairy free and gluten free, however they style similar to banana pancakes. I needed to check them about Four totally different instances to get probably the most excellent and fluffy end result I used to be on the lookout for. The trick? Including a bit of nut butter to the coconut flour pancake batter for each taste and to assist bind the batter. Labored like magic. Listed below are the components I like in these pancakes:
- Coconut flour: All coconut flours appear to be a bit of bit totally different so it’s possible you’ll want so as to add a bit of additional almond milk if that batter is TOO thick. Oh and please DO NOT PACK your coconut flour.
- Nut butter: Since I’m not paleo, I used peanut butter (MY LIFE OBSESSION) however almond or cashew butter may also work.
- Eggs: Most coconut flour recipes name for what looks like a dozen eggs. This one solely has two as a result of we don’t need eggy flavored pancakes, and since I like you.
- Mashed banana: Only a tiny bit helps to maintain the pancakes good and moist. Be sure you use an additional ripe banana for sweetness and texture.
- Almond milk: I like unsweetened vanilla almond milk however you should use any milk you’d like.
- Wild Blueberries for the syrup: Completely elective, however wild blueberries are the BEST! I like to recommend going for the natural type if that’s an choice for you; this time of yr they’ve probably the most scrumptious taste. I truly went on a wild blueberry farm tour final yr and realized all concerning the health benefits of wild blueberries.
You’ll additionally discover that there’s no baking powder in these coconut flour pancakes, that’s as a result of baking soda does the trick right here!
Easy methods to make coconut flour pancakes
- Whisk collectively your coconut flour and baking soda in a big bowl. In a separate medium bowl, combine collectively the nut butter, eggs, honey, banana and almond milk till they’re clean and effectively mixed. Add moist components to the coconut flour combination and blend collectively. Coconut flour pancake batter might be thick, but when it’s TOO thick merely add a bit extra almond milk.
- Frivolously coat a big nonstick skillet or griddle with butter or coconut oil and place over medium low warmth (coconut flour is delicate to burning so medium-low warmth is finest). Drop about Three tablespoons of the batter onto the skillet; it’s possible you’ll want to make use of a spoon to unfold out the batter only a tiny bit. Smaller pancakes are finest as massive ones will get difficult to flip. Prepare dinner the coconut flour pancakes till bubbles seem on prime and the perimeters are effectively cooked.
- Flip your pancakes and cook dinner till golden brown on underside, about 2 minutes. In case your pancakes are browning too rapidly then decrease your skillet warmth a bit.
- Wipe your skillet clear and repeat with extra melted butter or cooking spray and remaining batter. Prime with that scrumptious blueberry maple syrup and revel in!
Easy methods to maintain pancakes heat
You may simply make these paleo pancakes forward of time and maintain them heat within the oven. Merely place oven at 200 levels F, then add pancakes to a platter or oven-safe plate and place within the oven till able to serve. That is nice for internet hosting brunches or feeding an even bigger group of individuals.
Are you able to freeze coconut flour pancakes?
Sure! Be happy to make your paleo coconut flour pancakes forward of time and serve them at a later date. You’ll merely place the pancakes on a baking sheet so that they aren’t touching, place within the freezer for 30 minutes, after which place them in freezer protected containers and freeze for as much as Three months. As soon as able to reheat, merely add pancakes to a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds or till heat.
I hope you LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe as a lot as I do. I additionally suggest serving these with recent natural eggs and a facet of turkey bacon. Such a fantastic breakfast.
Extra wholesome breakfast and brunch recipes to attempt:
For those who make these coconut flour pancakes, make sure to go away a remark and let me know the way they turned out for you! And should you’re on Instagram, snap a photograph of your pancake creation and use the hashtag #ambtiouskitchen! xoxo.
Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes with Wild Blueberry Maple Syrup
Wonderful coconut flour pancakes served with an elective recent wild blueberry maple syrup! These straightforward, banana coconut flour pancakes are scrumptious, paleo, dairy free, gluten free and made with out baking powder! These pancakes are a fantastic supply of protein and wholesome fat.
your favourite pure nut butter of alternative (I like peanut or almond butter)
eggs, barely crushed
honey or maple syrup
medium very ripe banana, mashed (about 1/Four cup mashed banana)
unsweetened vanilla almond milk, plus extra if crucial
- For the syrup:
wild natural blueberries
pure maple syrup
In massive bowl whisk collectively coconut flour and baking soda; put aside.
In a separate medium bowl, combine collectively the nut butter, eggs, honey, banana and almond milk collectively till clean and effectively mixed. Add moist components to flour combination and blend collectively. Notice: For those who discover that the batter is WAY too thick (nearly paste like), you’ll be able to add in a teaspoon or two of milk till it’s clean, however nonetheless THICK. Will probably be like a thick brownie batter.
Frivolously coat a big nonstick skillet or griddle with butter or coconut oil and place over medium low warmth (coconut flour is delicate to burning so medium-low warmth is finest). Drop about Three tablespoons of the batter onto the skillet; it’s possible you’ll want to make use of a spoon to unfold out the batter only a tiny bit. It is essential to not place greater than Three tablespoons of batter at a time; the pancakes could be arduous to flip if they’re too massive, so smaller pancakes are finest. Plus mini pancakes are lovely, duh. It is crucial to cook dinner till bubbles seem on prime and the perimeters are effectively cooked.
Flip muffins and cook dinner till golden brown on underside, 2 minutes. For those who discover that the pancakes are browning too rapidly then it’s good to decrease your skillet warmth a bit. Wipe skillet clear and repeat with extra melted butter or cooking spray and remaining batter. Makes 2 servings, Three pancakes every.
To make the syrup, place maple syrup and blueberries in saucepan over medium warmth. Wait till combination begins to simmer and boil, and stir each jiffy.
As soon as combination begins to breakdown and blueberries cook dinner down about 5 minutes, take away from warmth and serve heat over pancakes instantly.
Vitamin data doesn’t embrace blueberry syrup as a result of everybody likes topping their pancakes in a different way.
To make these utterly paleo: You should definitely use a paleo-friendly nut butter.
Please don’t try to sub common flour for coconut flour; the end result is not going to be the identical.
Servings: 2 servings
Serving dimension: 1 serving (Three pancakes)
For those who make this recipe, make sure to go away a remark beneath and fee the recipe! You can even snap and movie and submit it on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen. And naturally make sure to observe Bold Kitchen on Instagram. xo!