Naturally inexperienced Candy Spinach Pancakes are fast and simple to make utilizing complete grain flour, recent child greens, and different healthful components! Whip the batter up in your blender for a enjoyable and colourful child breakfast.
Try our Sweet Spinach Muffins for extra inexperienced goodness that choosy eaters love!
Great products that you can use in your life.
Elevate your hand in case your youngsters LOVE spinach for breakfast?
Wait. Earlier than you reply, combine up a batch of those Candy Spinach Pancakes.
As a result of these deliciously fluffy, completely dye-free and complete grain pancakes could make a spinach-lover out of nearly anybody!
Get your choosy eaters on board with greens for breakfast with this enjoyable and secretly nutritious recipe that’s simple to take pleasure in.
Why We Love Candy Spinach Pancakes
These scrumptious pancakes have a LOT going for them! They’re…
- Made with super-nutritious components like 100% complete wheat flour, complete milk, and recent spinach
- Tremendous mild, fluffy, and scrumptious. Your youngsters gained’t detect the veggies inside (however it’s best to inform them!)
- They’re FUN and colourful with no synthetic dyes! Name them Froggy Pancakes, Hulk Pancakes, Grinch Pancakes, or Leprechaun Pancakes.
- Simple to make. Your blender helps you whip up the batter in lower than ten minutes.
- Excellent for freezing. What’s higher than having a ready-to-eat stash of yummy pancakes in your freezer?
How you can Make Candy Spinach Pancakes
These pancakes are really easy to make, due to the assistance of your blender! Simply mix up the spinach with all of the moist components. Then mix the moist with the dry components in a mixing bowl. And voila! Your batter is prepared.
From there, you’ll simply cook dinner them like odd pancakes.
There are a pair particular issues in the event you’re hoping to completely maximize the inexperienced coloration of your pancakes…
Ideas for Getting SUPER Inexperienced Pancakes
- Use WHITE complete wheat flour. That is nonetheless a 100% complete grain flour, however it has a softer texture and a lighter coloration than commonplace complete wheat flour. The sunshine coloration lets the colour of the spinach shine via.
- Mix moist components completely. To get a pleasant uniform inexperienced coloration, make certain the mix of spinach and moist components is tremendous easy. This helps the colour actually pop.
- Cook dinner the pancakes at a medium-low temperature. In case your skillet is simply too sizzling, the surface of the pancakes will brown and also you’ll lose that vibrant inexperienced coloration (they’ll nonetheless be inexperienced on the within!) Maintain the temperature low in order that they cook dinner via whereas staying inexperienced.
Pancake Topping Concepts
We topped our pancakes with recent whipped cream and a rainbow of recent fruits for St. Paddy’s Day! You need to use no matter you want to decorate up these pancakes. Listed here are a couple of concepts:
- Contemporary fruit
- Peanut butter or almond butter
- Honey or actual maple syrup
- Vanilla yogurt
- Blueberry Chia Jam
- Nothing in any respect! (We name them “hand pancakes” as a result of they’re very transportable this manner.)
Leftover Candy Spinach Pancakes keep recent within the fridge for about two days. You may as well freeze them in a zip-top bag to be reheated one other day. Simply make certain to chill them fully earlier than freezing in order that they don’t stick collectively.
Reheat them within the microwave for a couple of seconds, or the toaster oven for a couple of minutes.
Extra Candy Recipes That includes Veggies
- 1 cup packed child spinach
- 1 cup complete milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white complete wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- half teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Add the spinach and all liquid components to a blender and mix completely, till easy with little or no flecks of spinach seen.
In a separate mixing bowl, mix the remaining (dry) components, and stir to mix.
Pour blended components into the blending bowl and stir till the batter is simply mixed. A lump or two is OK– do not overmix.
Warmth a skillet over medium-low warmth and soften a little bit of butter within the backside. Add small scoops of batter to the skillet (2-Three tablespoons of batter per pancake works nicely) and cook dinner 2 minutes.
Flip the pancakes and cook dinner a minute or two longer till the pancakes are fluffy and cooked via.
Repeat till all of the batter is used up.
- to get the GREENEST pancakes, use white complete wheat flour and cook dinner at a decrease temperature to stop browning on the ouside.