With only one sheet pan you possibly can whip up probably the most scrumptious and nutritious candy potato hash utilizing pantry staple substances!
Because of North Carolina sweetpotatoes, this wholesome breakfast is filled with advanced carbs, fiber, and potassium.
Great products that you can use in your life.
At present we’re partnering with the North Carolina Sweetpotato Fee to carry you a wholesome breakfast concept that’s made solely with pantry staples and one pan! You guys are going to simply love this candy potato hash with eggs recipe. However first, extra on why we love NC sweetpotatoes!
Shelf-Life: If saved in a cool, darkish place, candy potatoes can last as long as 2 weeks, making them the proper vegetable to maintain readily available always!
Taste: They’re candy and savory all on the similar time and have an incredible taste like no different!
Versatility: Whether or not you’re hoping to make a savory dish like our Sluggish Cooker Mexican Quinoa or a candy dessert resembling our Candy Potato Brownies, candy potatoes are a flexible meals that can be utilized in so many dishes!
Diet: Final however actually not least, NC sweetpotatoes are filled with advanced carbs, potassium, vitamin A, and fiber, making them a powerhouse veggie!
Methods to Make Candy Potato Hash
Candy Potato Hash is a straightforward breakfast (lunch or dinner) thought you possibly can whip up in underneath an hour! Right here’s what you want.
What You Want:
- North Carolina sweetpotatoes
- Bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Cooked breakfast sausage
- Shredded cheese (optionally available)
As at all times, we love seeing you guys make our recipes your personal. Be at liberty so as to add your favourite veggies to this recipe together with spices and the rest your coronary heart needs.
Step 1: Chop + Partially Roast Veggies
First issues first, it’s time to cut your veggies! Since it is a hash, the aim right here is to chop your candy potatoes somewhat small. I used my useful dandy ruler and located 1/2-inch was the magic quantity. Any greater and also you’ll should roast longer.
The onion and inexperienced pepper may be reduce even smaller, finely diced.
As soon as your veggies have been reduce, switch them to a baking sheet and add a beneficiant quantity of oil. Then, season and toss. Roast veggies at 400ºF for 10 minutes.
Step 2: Toss and Add Sausage
Whereas your veggies are roasting, cube up your breakfast sausage. We suggest utilizing pre-cooked breakfast sausage. Any form (pork, rooster, turkey, or plant-based) works!
Take away the baking sheet from the oven and provides your veggies a fast toss. Then, add the breakfast sausage and toss once more.
Place the baking sheet again within the oven and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
Step 3: Create Nests + Crack Eggs
At this level, your candy potatoes ought to be nearly absolutely cooked! Now it’s time to create nests as a way to crack the eggs into them for baking.
Fastidiously push the veggies apart to create little egg nests. Watch out: the pan shall be sizzling! You need to make it possible for among the pan is uncovered on the underside in order that the eggs cook dinner shortly.
Create 4-6 nests relying on what number of eggs you need to use after which spray every nest with cooking spray. Crack a big egg into every nest after which season with salt and pepper.
Step 4: Bake
Place the baking sheet again into the oven and roast at 400ºF for an extra 6-9 minutes to totally cook dinner the eggs. 7 minutes will get you an over-medium egg, simply the way in which I prefer it! The longer you cook dinner your eggs, the extra well-done they are going to be.
Step 5: Add Cheese + Bake Once more
The final step is including cheese! This step is optionally available however extremely advisable. Add a sprinkle of shredded cheese on prime of every egg after which pop all the baking sheet again into the oven for a couple of minutes to soften the cheese.
NC Sweetpotato Hash Suggestions:
Measurement Issues: Make certain to chop your NC sweetpotatoes the identical measurement in order that they cook dinner evenly. We recommend slicing them round 1/2-inch thick!
Veggies: Along with the candy potatoes, so many different veggies could be pleasant on this recipe. Strive zucchini, russet potatoes, carrots, or celery.
Topping Concepts: Toppings are considered one of my favourite issues about breakfast. Sizzling sauce is fairly unbelievable on this hash, however I’d counsel additionally attempting salsa, ketchup, and even hummus!
Obtained leftovers? Retailer your candy potato breakfast hash in a glass, hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days!
Extra Candy Potato Hash Recipes
Watch how one can make this recipe!
Sheet Pan Candy Potato Hash
This sheet pan candy potato hash is the proper breakfast filled with advanced carbs, protein, and veggies!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 30 minutes
- Whole Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 1x
Weight-reduction plan: Gluten Free
- 2 medium NC sweetpotatoes, diced into 1/2-inch chunks (~Three cups)
- 1 medium inexperienced pepper, finely diced
- half medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/Four teaspoon salt
- 1/Eight teaspoon floor pepper
- 1/Four teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8–10 fully-cooked turkey sausage hyperlinks, sliced into small chunks
- 4–6 giant eggs
- optionally available: half cup shredded cheddar cheese
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Then prep candy potatoes by washing any residue off of them. Pat dry with a paper towel. Choice to peel candy potatoes or go away the pores and skin on. Cube candy potatoes into small, 1/2-inch chunks after which place them onto a big baking sheet.
- Subsequent, finely diced a medium inexperienced pepper and half medium yellow onion and switch veggies onto the baking sheet.
- Drizzle candy potato hash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil after which season with salt, floor pepper, smoked paprika, dried oregano, and garlic powder. Use a picket spoon to toss after which evenly unfold out on the pan. Make certain there are not any veggies overlapping in order that every part cooks evenly.
- Roast veggies at 400ºF for 10 minutes. Take away from oven, toss veggies, and add sliced turkey sausage. Toss another time after which place again into the oven for 10 extra minutes.
- As soon as the complete 20 minutes is up, take away the baking sheet from the oven. The candy potato ought to be largely cooked. If it’s not, place the pan again into the oven for a couple of minutes. Then, create Four nests for the eggs. Spray the underside of every nest with nonstick cooking spray after which crack the eggs into every nest. Season eggs with salt and pepper, to style after which place again into the oven at 400ºF for 7-9 minutes relying on how runny you want your yolk.
- Choice so as to add shredded cheese on prime of your cooked eggs and bake for an extra 1-2 minutes to soften the cheese.
- Get pleasure from instantly.
- Diet info does embody cheese and contains Four eggs.
- Serving Measurement: 1/4
- Energy: 259
- Sugar: 4
- Fats: 15
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 13
This put up is sponsored by the NC SweetPotato Fee. We have been compensated and all opinions are our personal. Thanks for supporting Match Foodie Finds!