Do that spaghetti aglio e olio recipe as soon as, and you will make it again and again. It makes use of easy components, it cooks in 20 minutes, and it’s very scrumptious.
Great products that you can use in your life.
Spaghetti aglio e olio interprets to “spaghetti with garlic and oil.” The normal dish accommodates little greater than these components. It is perhaps completed with a sprinkle of parsley or a pinch of crimson pepper flakes, however even these are non-obligatory. In its easiest kind, this basic Italian pasta options spaghetti, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
However if you happen to’ve ever tried it, you recognize that spaghetti aglio e olio is excess of the sum of its elements. The garlic infuses the oil with wealthy, nutty taste, and salty, starchy pasta cooking water transforms it right into a deeply flavorful sauce. Add excellent al dente pasta to the combo, and it’s absolute heaven.
Spaghetti aglio e olio has been my go-to order at Italian eating places for years, however not too long ago, it’s turn into considered one of my favourite dishes to make at dwelling. It comes collectively in simply 20 minutes, it makes use of a handful of pantry components, and it’s merely scrumptious. In case you have pasta, garlic, and olive oil in your kitchen, strive it tonight! For those who’re something like me, you’ll make it once more the subsequent night time, and once more the subsequent. 🙂 Yep, it’s that good.
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio Recipe Elements
In fact, my spaghetti aglio e olio recipe features a few contemporary twists. I begin with these conventional components:
- Spaghetti: For those who don’t have spaghetti available, use no matter pasta you do have. I like to recommend selecting an extended pasta like fettuccine, linguine, or bucatini, but when short-cut pasta is what’s in your kitchen, it’ll nonetheless come out scrumptious.
- Olive oil: Use the very best one you will have.
- Garlic: The star ingredient! Don’t skimp on it – it’s important for infusing the pasta with wealthy, nutty taste.
- Crimson pepper flakes: For warmth! For those who’re delicate to spice, be at liberty to skip them, or begin with simply 1/Four teaspoon. In order for you your pasta to have extra of a kick, add as much as 1/2 teaspoon.
- Parsley: Sprinkle it over the pasta for a stunning contemporary end.
Then, I add these unconventional (however tasty!) components:
- Lemon: It is probably not completely genuine, however if you happen to ask me, a bit lemon by no means harm something. I take advantage of each lemon juice and zest to fill this pasta with vibrant taste.
- Kale: For those who ask me, pasta + greens are a match made in heaven. Be happy to skip the kale if you happen to favor, or use totally different greens, comparable to spinach or Swiss chard, if you happen to don’t have any kale available.
- Parmesan cheese: Aglio e olio purists will let you know by no means to serve it with cheese, however I feel a bathe of freshly grated Parmesan or vegan Parmesan is a welcome contact. Its nutty style pairs completely with the savory garlic.
(See the total measurements on the backside of this submit!)
The best way to Make Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
This straightforward pasta comes collectively in simply 20 minutes! Comply with these steps to make it (+ discover the total recipe under!):
- First, prepare dinner the pasta. Convey a big pot of salted water to a boil and prepare dinner the pasta till al dente. Reserve a few of the starchy pasta water earlier than you drain it!
- Subsequent, toast the garlic and crimson pepper flakes. Warmth the oil in a big skillet and add the garlic slices and crimson pepper flakes. Prepare dinner till the garlic is aromatic and flippantly browned across the edges.
- Then, add the kale. Toss it with the garlic oil and prepare dinner till it wilts.
- Lastly, stir within the pasta, together with the lemon juice and zest and a splash of the reserved pasta water. Toss to mix, including extra pasta water, as wanted, to create a light-weight sauce. Season with salt and pepper to style. That’s it!
Garnish the pasta aglio e olio with parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired. Get pleasure from it by itself, or serve it with a salad like my Caesar salad, Caprese salad, or citrus salad. It will even be scrumptious with roasted broccoli or cauliflower and home made focaccia or no-knead bread for sopping up any leftover oil. Buon appetito!
Extra Favourite Pasta Recipes
For those who love this spaghetti aglio e olio recipe, strive considered one of these simple pasta recipes subsequent:
Then, discover 25 extra favourite pastas here!
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time: 15 minutes
Complete Time: 20 minutes
This pasta aglio e olio recipe is the last word weeknight meal! It comes collectively in 20 minutes, it makes use of easy components, and it is completely scrumptious.
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- ½ to 1 cup pasta water
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon crimson pepper flakes
- 1 giant bunch lacinato kale, stemmed and chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- Parmesan or Vegan Parmesan, for serving
Put together the pasta based on the package deal instructions, in a pot of salted boiling water, till al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water earlier than draining the pasta.
Warmth the oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add the garlic and crimson pepper flakes. Stir and prepare dinner 30 seconds to 1 minute, till the garlic is flippantly browned across the edges. Add the kale, salt, and several other grinds of pepper and prepare dinner, tossing with tongs, till the kale is wilted, as much as 1 minute.
Add the spaghetti and toss to mix. Add ½ cup pasta water, lemon juice, lemon zest, and toss. If the pasta is seeming too dry, add the remaining ½ cup pasta water to create a light-weight sauce.
Season to style. Garnish with parsley and serve with Parmesan or vegan Parmesan.