Get the most effective of two wonderful worlds with these snickerdoodle brookie bars. Wealthy, decadent brownies dotted with bites of soppy and chewy snickerdoodles. YUM!
Great products that you can use in your life.
I do know, I do know, after teasing you on Instagram with an image of those unimaginable snickerdoodle brookie bars, it took me eternally to check them a pair extra occasions and eventually get the recipe posted.
However right here they’re. Simply in time so that you can put them in your weekend (ahem, or anytime) baking listing ASAP.
They’re undoubtedly among the best baked items to ever come out of my kitchen, and judging by the response they get each time I’ve served them or pawned them off on associates, I’d say they’re undoubtedly a complete showstopper, rock star stage dessert.
What’s a brookie?
The title mainly says all of it.
These bars are a mix of wealthy, decadent brownie batter dotted with bites of candy, cinnamony snickerdoodle cookie dough. The mashup is epic.
And that’s coming from somebody who typically will select ANY cookie over a snickerdoodle if given the selection. They only aren’t my favorites (I hope we will nonetheless be associates). However in these bars? Snickerdoodles shine.
A story of two batters
The brownie batter is gloriously basic. It’s what each good brownie ought to be: fudgy and really, very chocolatey.
The snickerdoodle batter, as soon as baked, is gentle and just a bit bit chewy, and actually, actually, actually scrumptious.
The good information is they’re each one bowl recipes which might be extraordinarily simple to combine up. Sure, you’ll have to scrub two bowls. However I promise that’ll be the least of your issues as soon as these bars are baked and staring you within the face.
The largest downside will likely be the way to get them out of your own home ASAP earlier than all self-control is misplaced eternally.
The right way to get the brookie impact
To get the pleasant marbled look of a very good brookie bar, you simply must take two seconds and do some scooping.
First up, the brownie batter. About 2/Three of the batter will get scooped onto the underside of the pan. It doesn’t must be exactly measured and spaced aside. Simply eyeball it. The bottom line is to go away some house between every spoonful.
Then scoop the entire snickerdoodle cookie dough into these cute little areas.
And observe it up with the remaining brownie batter.
It’s going to look a multitude. However it additionally seems form of inventive in a method, too. The distinction of these two batters has me desirous to print out that final image, body it, and put it up on a wall of my home.
You could have a alternative
At this level, you’ll be able to depart the batter and cookie dough all jumbly rumbly within the pan. Because it bakes, it’ll soften and clean out only a bit (though not utterly, so the bars will certainly be extra rustic trying).
You possibly can seize a spatula or knife and clean out the highest of the batter only a bit. You don’t wish to smash and press the dough to smithereens, simply clean it right into a principally even layer. It’s okay if there are some bumps and little holes right here and there.
Sprinkle the highest of the bars with cinnamon and sugar (oh sure, we’re tying ALL these flavors collectively!) and pop the snickerdoodle brookie bars within the oven.
The bars are performed when they’re puffed and there are just a few crackly crackles on the perimeters.
A toothpick inserted within the heart could come out with moist crumbs, however there shouldn’t be any streaks of ooey gooey batter.
I at all times use a metallic pan for baking bar cookie recipes. If utilizing a glass pan, the bars could not cook dinner as evenly and will take longer (I often recommend lowering the oven temperature by 25 levels if utilizing a glass pan and including time as wanted).
As tempting as it could be, attempt to let the bars cool earlier than chopping into squares. I favor chilling them for max deliciousness (and it makes chopping the bars a lot simpler).
They are often served chilled or at room temperature. And if we’re being completely sincere, our “experiments” digging into them heat with a scoop of ice cream weren’t horrible. Not horrible in any respect.
I’ve made these snickerdoodle brookie bars a number of occasions, and I don’t know why the joy of seeing the contrasting brookie impact once we minimize into them hasn’t gotten outdated but. They’re so fairly and enjoyable!
You possibly can inform by the image under that I additionally tend to below bake all issues brownie-related. Even left a bit gooey within the center, these bars are outrageously scrumptious.
There’s a bit extra brownie batter to snickerdoodle ratio (I did that intentionally – my recipe exams utilizing equal quantities of batter weren’t nice for lots of causes). It makes these treasured snickerdoodle bites much more scrumptious and prized.
That is a type of recipes I can’t wait so that you can make. They’ve made me so pleased I’m already taking part in round with totally different taste combos. And…I’ll by no means publish one other recipe that isn’t by some means associated to brookies. #brookiesforlife
One 12 months In the past: Sheet Pan Sweet and Sour Meatballs with Roasted Potatoes and Broccoli
Two Years In the past: Easy Chicken Shawarma
Three Years In the past: Lemon Cream Cheese Crumb Muffins
4 Years In the past: Doubletree Hotel Copycat Chocolate Chip Cookies
5 Years In the past: Fudgy Chocolate Chip Yogurt Cake
Six Years In the past: Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna
Seven Years In the past: Thai-Style Chicken and Quinoa Salad
Eight Years In the past: Creamy Fettuccine with Ham and Peas
Yield: 12-15 bars
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook dinner Time: 35 minutes
Whole Time: 1 hour
- 1 half cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (see observe)
- 3/four cup (12 tablespoons, 6 ounces) butter (I take advantage of salted)
- 1 half cups (9.25 ounces) granulated sugar
- Three massive eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/four cup (.75 ounces) pure, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/four teaspoon salt
- half cup (eight tablespoons, four ounces) butter, softened (I take advantage of salted)
- 3/four cup (5.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/four cup (1.75 ounces) flippantly packed brown sugar
- 2 massive eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/Three cup (6.5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- half teaspoon salt
- half teaspoon baking powder
Cinnamon + Sugar:
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/four teaspoon floor cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line a 9X13-inch pan with foil for simpler cleanup (I take advantage of metallic; glass will bake in another way and it’s possible you’ll wish to lower oven temp to 325 levels). Flippantly grease foil and sides of pan with nonstick cooking spray. Put aside.
- For the brownie batter, in a big microwave-safe bowl, mix the chocolate chips and butter and microwave in 1-minute increments, stirring in between, till melted and clean. Do not over warmth!
- Stir within the sugar and whisk till clean. Add the eggs and vanilla and blend till well-combined. Stir within the flour, cocoa and salt till no dry streaks stay and batter is clean. Put aside. Making the brownie batter first offers it an opportunity to agency up a bit whilst you make the snickerdoodle batter.
- For the snickerdoodle batter, in a big bowl, add the softened butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Combine with an electrical mixer (stand mixer or handheld) till clean and creamy, 1-2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and blend till well-combined.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder and blend till evenly mixed and no dry streaks stay.
- Scoop heaping spoonfuls (about 2-Three tablespoons in measurement) of brownie batter onto the underside of the ready baking dish, leaving house in between. Use about half or 2/Three of the brownie batter; set the remaining batter apart.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the snickerdoodle cookie batter in between the brownie batter. Use the entire snickerdoodle dough.
- Spoon the remainder of the brownie batter excessive in small streaks or spoonfuls.
- Depart the batter as is OR flippantly unfold with a spatula (do not press on the dough – simply flippantly unfold so the highest is evened out a bit).
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon for the topping and sprinkle it evenly on high of the bars.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes till the bars are puffed (the highest of the bars could also be bumpy and splotchy and uneven – that is good!). A toothpick inserted within the heart could come out with moist crumbs however should not have gooey batter. Add time as wanted.
- Let cool utterly on a wire rack. Refrigerate for an hour or so to utterly chill if attainable (this can make chopping the bars quite a bit simpler). Minimize into squares and serve chilled or at room temperature. Bars freeze effectively.
Chocolate Chips: you should utilize bittersweet chocolate chips rather than the semisweet however I would not advocate utilizing milk chocolate. The very best chocolate chips, for my part, for melting and taste are Guittard or Ghirardelli.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate applications, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Supply: from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe (impressed by a recipe within the final problem of the Baked journal – transformed it to a 9X13-inch pan and mainly messed with any and all substances alongside the best way 🙂