Throw the entire components for this Wholesome Gradual Cooker NC Sweetpotato Mexican Quinoa into your sluggish cooker for a simple weeknight dinner that’s plant-based and made with pantry staples!
This vegan crock pot recipe is such a scrumptious and healthful stay-at-home meal that can final you all week lengthy!
Great products that you can use in your life.
Advantages of North Carolina Sweetpotatoes
Prepare for one of the scrumptious one-pot meals you’ll ever eat. This wholesome sluggish cooker candy potato Mexican quinoa is considered one of our favourite sluggish cooker recipes. It’s made with protein-packed quinoa, beans, spices, and, the star of the present, NORTH CAROLINA SWEETPOTATOES.
We’re thrilled to be partnering with the NC SweetPotato Fee right this moment as a result of candy potatoes really are a staple ingredient in our recipes.
There is no such thing as a scarcity of candy potato recipes on Match Foodie Finds, and you’ll at all times discover us utilizing NC Sweetpotatoes! Do you know that North Carolina is the #1 producer of candy taters within the nation?
Listed below are a pair extra causes we love North Carolina sweetpotatoes→
- NC Sweetpotatoes have taste like no different. Candy, however barely savory all on the identical time.
- The shelf lifetime of NC sweetpotatoes are wonderful! They last as long as 2-Four weeks if saved in a cool, darkish place.
- NC Sweetpotatoes are straightforward to include into scrumptious meals year-round! Roast them, grill them, and even puree them!
- NC Sweetpotatoes are a terrific ingredient to maintain readily available always even if you’re caught at house!
The PERFECT Keep-At-Dwelling Recipe
North Carolina sweetpotatoes are the star ingredient of this wholesome sluggish cooker Mexican quinoa recipe! It’s a terrific recipe for weeknight dinners that’s straightforward to make and nutrient-packed.
To not point out all it’s important to do is throw the entire components into your sluggish cooker and let the magic occur!
Pantry Staple Substances
The entire components on this recipe are shelf-stable, which is likely one of the causes we like it a lot! This may be the meal you make when “you don’t have something to make for dinner.” Right here’s what you want:
- NC sweetpotatoes
- White quinoa
- Black beans
- Complete kernel corn
- Crushed tomatoes
- Inexperienced chilis
- Vegetable broth
- Crimson onion
- Maple syrup
- Taco seasoning
Straightforward to Prepare dinner
After you might have the entire components prepped, rinsed, and able to go, the remaining is easy! You don’t want any pots or pans and all it’s important to do is combine the whole lot in your sluggish cooker, set it, and overlook it. Ah, what a good looking factor.
We’re massive followers of this sluggish cooker if you’re available on the market for one.
Meal-Prep Pleasant Recipe
Not solely is that this recipe nice for a weeknight dinner, however it’s nice for meal prep, too. There are a couple of other ways you may put together this recipe!
Weekly Meal Prep: As soon as the Mexican quinoa has totally cooked within the sluggish cooker, separate it out into your favourite meal prep containers for a simple grab-and-go meal that’s already portioned out.
Freezer Meal: In case you are hoping to arrange a vegetarian freezer meal, this sluggish cooker candy potato Mexican quinoa is an possibility! All it’s important to do is pour the entire components right into a plastic bag or reusable bag and blend.
Then, take away the entire air from the bag and seal. Label the bag with the date and place it within the freezer for as much as Three months.
If you end up able to cook dinner it, take away it from the freezer, let it thaw fully, and cook dinner it as directed within the recipe.
Extra NC Sweetpotato Recipes
Watch learn how to make this video!
Gradual Cooker Mexican Quinoa Recipe
Whip up this savory Gradual Cooker Mexican Quinoa for a pantry-staple meal that’s additionally naturally vegan and gluten-free!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: Four hours
- Complete Time: Four hours 10 minutes
Yield: 6 1x
Class: Fundamental Meal
Methodology: Gradual Cooker
Eating regimen: Vegan
- 1 cup raw white quinoa
- 2 giant NC sweetpotatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can complete kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 4-oz. can inexperienced chiles
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or any sort of broth)
- 1/2 giant purple onion, finely diced
- Three tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
Optionally available Toppings
- contemporary cilantro
- yogurt, dairy-free if crucial
- sliced avocado
- smoked paprika
- Start by spraying your sluggish cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Then, place the entire components into your sluggish cooker and blend till mixed.
- Cowl and cook dinner on excessive for 3-Four hours or on low for 6-Eight hours (or till the quinoa is totally cooked and the candy potatoes are at desired texture).
- Often stir the entire components collectively each hour.
- When the quinoa is cooked and the candy potatoes are delicate, uncover the sluggish cooker.
- Serve the sweetpotato Mexican quinoa with the non-compulsory toppings and revel in!
- Vitamin data doesn’t embody toppings.
- Serving Measurement: 1/6 recipe
- Energy: 342
- Sugar: 13
- Fats: 3
- Carbohydrates: 57
- Fiber: 12
- Protein: 16
Vegan Crock Pot Recipes
This submit is sponsored by the NC SweetPotato Fee. We had been compensated and all opinions are our personal. Thanks for supporting Match Foodie Finds!