Whip up this wholesome vegan Mexican quinoa and candy potato casserole for the perfect meal prep recipe that may feed a military! It’s made up of pantry staples, root greens, and all of our favourite substances!
Great products that you can use in your life.
So many instances do I look in my cupboards and assume…”I’ve nothing to eat.” Let that NEVER occur once more with this Mexican Quinoa Candy Potato Casserole!
We Love Pantry Staple Meals!
One factor we actually love about this quinoa casserole is that we often have every part we have to make this recipe in our pantry already. And also you in all probability do, too!
What makes a superb pantry staple you ask? Components which have an extended shelf life in your pantry and substances that YOU LIKE! We often have quite a lot of beans, quinoa, salsa, canned greens, marinara sauce, tomato sauce.
This Mexican candy potato quinoa casserole is certainly one of our favourite go-to recipes as a result of it’s filled with all of our favourite issues!
Listed here are the Components You Want
Let’s break down all of the scrumptious substances on this casserole!
Candy Potatoes- Candy potatoes are usually not solely filled with vitamins, however they’re a pantry vegetable. Candy potatoes can final a few months if they’re saved in a cool, darkish place!
Having candy potatoes readily available insures that you may make meals like this quinoa casserole everytime you’re craving it!
Quinoa- Quinoa is an entire protein and provides a major quantity of protein to this meatless dish! And? You don’t should cook dinner the quinoa separate, it cooks completely blended with all the different substances and baked to perfection!
Onion- Together with the candy potato, onion provides one other vegetable to this recipe together with a scrumptious crunch!
Black Beans- The black beans on this casserole add an awesome “meaty” texture and add one other dose of protein to this casserole!
Broth- Broth is the cooking liquid for this casserole! Your quinoa wants the broth to cook dinner. We like to make use of broth as an alternative of water as a result of it provides simply the correct quantity of taste!
Salsa- Salsa is the key ingredient of this quinoa casserole! Any salsa you determine to make use of will add an additional increase of taste. Be happy to make use of your favourite salsa to make this casserole your personal!
Diced Tomatoes- Diced tomatoes add one other layer of sauciness to this recipe.
Inexperienced Chilis- Nothing provides taste to a Mexican impressed dish like inexperienced chilis!
DIY Taco Seasoning- We all the time have a jar of our DIY taco seasoning in our spice cabinet! It’s excellent for recipes like this!
Modifications You Can Make to this Recipe
- Be happy to swap candy potatoes out for any white potato!
- Beans are beans! We desire black beans on this recipe, however pinto beans or garbanzo beans would even be scrumptious!
- Not a fan of quinoa? Use minute rice as an alternative! Substitute the 1 cup of quinoa with 1.5 cups of minute rice!
- Be happy so as to add a candy pepper or two to this recipe! Chop them up into chunks and add them proper in!
Quinoa Casserole Recipes
Watch Find out how to Make this Recipe
Mexican Candy Potato Quinoa Casserole
Whip up this wholesome, vegan Mexican quinoa and candy potato casserole for the perfect meal prep recipe that may feed a military.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 70 minutes
- Complete Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Yield: 6 1x
Delicacies: Mexican American
Food regimen: Vegetarian
- 2 medium candy potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 12-oz. jar of salsa
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 4-oz. can inexperienced chilis
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans
- three tablespoons DIY taco seasoning
- three cups vegetable broth
- Optionally available toppings: cilantro, avocado, and lime
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and spray a big casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place all substances into the casserole dish and blend nicely. Cowl with tin foil and place within the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take away from oven, stir, recuperate with tin foil, and place again within the oven for 40 extra minutes.
- Take away from oven and let sit for 10 minutes, lined, earlier than serving.
- Serve with cilantro, avocado, and lime juice.
- Serving Measurement: 1/6
- Energy: 313
- Sugar: 7
- Fats: 2
- Carbohydrates: 60
- Fiber: 14
- Protein: 14