Blue skies, white sand, and a skillet stuffed with feta-topped Mediterranean Shrimp. Go me my wide-brimmed hat and sun shades, and I’m there!
Great products that you can use in your life.
Juicy shrimp baked in a garlicky tomato sauce alongside traditional Mediterranean elements like artichokes and olives, all simmering away beneath a bathe of creamy feta cheese, this one-pan Mediterranean shrimp will transport you to a sunny, enjoyable place, irrespective of the precise state of your private home/kitchen/common psychological well-being.
The recent, advanced flavors right here will trick you, in a great way. This recipe is made nearly totally with pantry and freezer elements, nevertheless it tastes like a meal you’d order whereas on the 5-star oceanside trip that all of us very a lot deserve at this second.
For a faraway, dreamy dinner you can also make with out leaving the consolation of your private home, this wholesome Mediterranean garlic shrimp recipe is your ticket.
Serve it over rice, alongside a hunk of crusty bread, or simply set the skillet within the middle of your desk, move across the forks, and go to city proper then and there. It’s your trip in spite of everything.
Easy methods to Make Mediterranean Shrimp
The fantastic secret of simple shrimp recipes like this one? You don’t want recent shrimp to make them!
In reality, I desire frozen shrimp in my healthy shrimp recipes, as a result of it’s low on prep (particularly in case you purchase it already peeled), cheaper than recent (a lot of the time, the “recent” shrimp bought within the seafood case was frozen first anyway!), and cooks in minutes, making it good for quick, simple dinners.
One other profit to creating recipes with traditional Mediterranean elements is that most of the elements like artichokes and olives are shelf secure, so it’s simple to maintain them readily available (this traditional Mediterranean Pasta is a wonderful instance of a recipe that makes probably the most of them).
- Shrimp. You should use recent or frozen shrimp right here (I exploit frozen, peeled, and deveined shrimp 99.9% of the time). Shrimp is a good supply of protein and makes for lightening-quick meals.
- Purple Onion. An exquisite addition of coloration and refined, candy taste and Mediterranean aptitude. They’re additionally excessive in Vitamin-C.
- Garlic. As demonstrated by this Baked Shrimp Scampi and Garlic Shrimp Pasta, garlic is a traditional taste bestie in shrimp recipes.
- Hearth Roasted Tomatoes. Wealthy, deep flavors wrapped up within the comfort of a can.
- Spices. I used a mixture of dried oregano for savoriness and purple pepper flakes for warmth.
- Honey. To stability the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Purple Wine Vinegar. Brightens up the flavors and makes them pop. You’ll style an actual distinction!
- Artichoke Hearts. Canned artichoke hearts are a easy but scrumptious addition to this Mediterranean dish. Plus, they’re low in fats and full of antioxidants.
- Kalamata Olives. One other simple merchandise that may be present in a jar or can. Olives are very best in Mediterranean-style dishes, they usually deliver wholesome fat. In the event you aren’t into olives, merely omit them.
- Feta Cheese. Creamy and salty, you’ll need a couple of crumbles of feta (or plenty of them) in each chunk.
- Recent Parsley + Lemon Juice. The ultimate flourish of freshness that ties the entire dish collectively.
- To Serve. Rice! Bread! Quinoa! See beneath for extra tasty concepts.
Thaw the shrimp if wanted. Pat dry, then season. Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil till softened.
Add the tomatoes, oregano, and purple pepper flakes. Let simmer for a couple of minutes, then stir within the vinegar and honey.
Scatter on the artichokes and olives.
Lay the shrimp excessive in a single layer.
High with the cheese. Be happy to go overboard a bit of right here.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 400 levels F, till effervescent and the shrimp is cooked via. End with lemon juice and parsley. DIG IN!
What to Serve with Mediterranean Shrimp
We loved this as a one-pan meal with merely cooked brown rice, although in case you’d like so as to add extra to your meal, listed here are some strategies for sides that go effectively with shrimp:
- Grains. The flavors on this Lemon Rice would pair properly with Mediterranean shrimp. Complete wheat couscous, farro, or pasta would even be scrumptious.
- Salad. Pair this dish with a easy salad like Anytime Arugula Salad.
- Bread. For ease and common enchantment, serve this dish with a crusty loaf of bread out of your native bakery. This Rosemary Olive Oil Bread would even be successful.
- To Retailer. Place leftovers in an hermetic storage container within the fridge for as much as Three days.
- To Reheat. Very gently rewarm Mediterranean shrimp in a big skillet on the range over medium-low warmth. I additionally assume leftovers can be tasty served chilly as a salad over lettuce or pasta.
- I wouldn’t suggest freezing this dish, as the feel of the shrimp might change into mushy as soon as thawed.
Advisable Instruments to Make This Recipe
Let’s go to the ocean, we could? In the event you catch me eating in my bathing go well with, you already know why!
This simple, wholesome one-pan Mediterranean Shrimp options shrimp baked in tomato garlic sauce with artichokes and feta. Serve over rice, pasta or by itself!
- 1 pound giant shrimp — 40 to 50 per pound peeled, deveined shrimp, tails on or off (recent or frozen and thawed)
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt — divided
- half of teaspoon floor black pepper — divided
- 2 tablespoons further virgin olive oil
- 1 small purple onion — chopped
- 2 cloves garlic — minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 14.5-ounce can fireplace roasted diced tomatoes of their juices
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon purple pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon purple wine vinegar
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts — drained and quartered
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped recent parsley
- 2 tablespoons recent lemon juice — from about ½ medium lemon
- For serving: rice — complete wheat couscous, crusty bread, pasta (elective)
Place a rack within the middle of your oven and preheat the oven to 400 levels F. Pat the shrimp dry, place in a mixing bowl, and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat, then put aside.
In a big, ovenproof skillet over medium warmth, warmth the olive oil. Add onion and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Prepare dinner, stirring sometimes, till softened, about 5 minutes. Cut back the warmth as wanted in order that the onion softens however doesn’t brown. Add the garlic and prepare dinner simply till aromatic, about 30 seconds.
Add the tomatoes, oregano, and purple pepper flakes. Cut back the warmth to medium-low and let gently simmer for 10 minutes. Stir within the purple wine vinegar and honey. Take away from the warmth.
Scatter the artichokes and olives excessive, then prepare the shrimp on high in a single layer. Sprinkle with the feta.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, till the tomatoes are effervescent, cheese has browned barely, and the shrimp are cooked via. Squeeze the lemon juice excessive and sprinkle with parsley. Take pleasure in sizzling.
- TO STORE: Place leftovers in an hermetic storage container within the fridge for as much as Three days.
- TO REHEAT: Very gently rewarm Mediterranean shrimp in a big skillet on the range over medium-low warmth. I additionally assume leftovers can be tasty served chilly as a salad over lettuce or pasta.
- I would not suggest freezing this dish, as the feel of the shrimp might change into mushy as soon as thawed.
Course: Principal Course
Key phrase: simple shrimp recipes, Wholesome Shrimp Recipe, mediterranean garlic shrimp recipe, mediterranean shrimp and rice, one-pan mediterranean shrimp
Quantity per serving (1 (of three)) — Energy: 445, Fats: 24g, Saturated Fats: 8g, Ldl cholesterol: 414mg, Potassium: 213mg, Carbohydrates: 17g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 9g, Protein: 38g, Vitamin A: 1212%, Vitamin C: 22%, Calcium: 483%, Iron: 5%
This submit accommodates some affiliate hyperlinks, which signifies that I make a small fee off objects you buy at no extra price to you.