A Baked Potato is certainly one of life’s simplest pleasures! Sharing ideas for bake a potato, plus tasty serving solutions.
Great products that you can use in your life.
My niece turned eight this previous weekend and as an alternative of getting a birthday get together we had a party automobile parade, full with two hearth vehicles from the native police division. It was AMAZING!! Seeing her shocked face as she realized the 20 automobiles wrapping across the block have been for her was one thing I’ll always remember – and he or she possible received’t both. My sister in regulation mentioned it finest: it was the perfect of instances, it was the weirdest of instances. 😂
Clearly the world is altering and we’re having to get artistic. However I additionally love how we’re being pressured to get again to fundamentals in plenty of methods (admittedly, minus the bounce house. 😂) Writing letters, tackling puzzles, taking lengthy walks, and taking part in with no matter’s in the home. Cam and I performed baseball with a balloon and a sword for like 30 minutes yesterday and it was probably the most enjoyable we’ve had collectively in days.
I’m not making an attempt to crawl out of the field for dinner, both. Making ready three meals a day for 5 individuals is getting tiring so I’ve been turning to meals that aren’t solely made from pantry, fridge, and freezer staples, but additionally simply type of…brainless. Just like the baked potato. (I imply that within the nicest method potential, baked potato!)
Ummm, when’s the final time you had a baked potato?! They’re SO good! I used to make them on a regular basis for Ben and myself once we have been newlyweds however one way or the other acquired out of the behavior alongside the best way. Anyway, since we’re making an attempt to stretch out the time between visits to the grocery retailer these infants have popped again onto the menu as a result of a bag of potatoes retains nicely within the fridge for weeks, is cheap, and all you’ll want to bake them up is oil and salt.
Ideas for Making a Baked Potato:
- A hand-sized Russet potato (6-8oz) makes for an incredible aspect dish that takes 50-60 minutes to bake by way of at 425 levels. Really you’ll be able to bake your potato anyplace between 350 and 450 levels, adjusting baking time accordingly. That is good data to know in case you need to bake them alongside one thing else. For instance, I’ll throw in just a few baked potatoes once I make my Perfect Roast Chicken which cooks first at 450 levels, after which finishes at 425 levels. My level is – it’s actually exhausting to screw up a baked potato!
- I desire baking potatoes with out wrapping in foil first; rubbing them with oil and salt previous to baking as an alternative. We eat all the baked potato and the oil/salt rub makes for a very tasty pores and skin.
- You’ll be able to bake your potatoes immediately on the oven rack, although for those who’re gluten free, be aware of what may need been beforehand baked immediately in your oven rack, comparable to a daily pizza. Since we cooked common pizzas on our oven rack previous to me getting Celiac Disease, I go for baking the potatoes on a cooling rack set atop a foil lined baking sheet for a similar impact.
Methods to Serve Baked Potatoes:
Another excuse why I really like baked potatoes is as a result of they’re so versatile. Slice then slap with butter and serve with any dinner, or make it the bottom of your meal by stuffing it with meat, cheese, and many others. Listed below are some concepts:
- Drizzle with homemade cheese sauce and steamed broccoli.
- Stuff with fajita hen and greens plus guacamole.
- Stuff with stew, or chili with shredded cheese.
- Stuff with shredded hen, BBQ sauce, shredded cheddar, and inexperienced onions.
- Stuff with floor taco meat and all of your favourite taco toppers.
Methods to Bake a Potato:
First choose your potato. I like to recommend a 6-8oz Russet potato which is the right side-dish-sized potato. Moreover, this measurement of potato will bake by way of in beneath an hour, whereas an enormous 1lb+ potato might want to bake for fairly a bit longer.
Scrub then dry the potato after which select 4 “sides” and prick all sides 3 times with a fork to permit steam to flee whereas baking.
Place the potatoes in a bowl then drizzle with a impartial tasting oil like vegetable or avocado oil, after which add a huge pinch of salt for every potato you’re baking. Use your palms to rub the potatoes to coat after which place on a cooling rack set atop a foil lined baking sheet. Alternatively you’ll be able to bake the potatoes immediately on an oven rack set within the heart of your oven – you’ll want to place a baking sheet beneath to catch oil drips.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or till a knife or toothpick could be EASILY inserted into the middle of the potato, flipping the potatoes with tongs midway by way of. The cooling rack permits air to flow into beneath the potatoes, however I flip them anyway simply to make sure even baking.
These infants keep tremendous scorching for fairly awhile so everytime you’re able to eat, slice open, add a pat of butter (or 5) plus any of your favourite fixins, and DIG IN! I hope you like this straightforward straightforward aspect dish – take pleasure in!
Methods to Bake a Potato
A Baked Potato is certainly one of life’s simplest pleasures! Listed below are the right time and temperature for bake a potato.
- 6-8oz Russet potato, scrubbed and dried
- impartial tasting oil like vegetable or avocado
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 levels then line a half or quarter sheet pan with foil and place a cooling rack on high. (Alternatively you’ll be able to bake the potatoes immediately on the oven rack – place a sheet pan beneath to catch oil drips.)
- Use a fork to make shallow pricks everywhere in the potato (I normally select 4 “sides” to the potato then make three pricks in all sides) then place in a bowl and drizzle with oil and add a giant pinch of salt. Rub to evenly coat then place potatoes on ready baking sheet.
- Bake the potato for 50-60 minutes, utilizing tongs to flip the potatoes midway by way of, or till a toothpick or knife could be simply inserted into the middle. Let cool for 5-10 minutes then serve.
- You may make as many baked potatoes at one time as you want! The extra you bake, nevertheless, the longer it’s going to take. Moreover, in case your potatoes are bigger than 6-8oz, they may take longer to bake.
- Click on right here for my easy cheese sauce >
This recipe is courtesy of Iowa Lady Eats, http://iowagirleats.com.