We’re starting week four of quarantine, and I might say that I am formally settling into my at-home model. I’ve come to phrases with the truth that the few pieces of clothing I might bought for spring might not see the sunshine of day for awhile, and I am okay with embracing a comfier, extra pared-back look throughout as of late at dwelling.
Great products that you can use in your life.
And nowhere is that extra true than with my hair. Whereas I’ve mastered the 5-minute makeup routine, I simply actually cannot convey myself to tug my hair dryer out of hiding. Enter: my in a single day french braid waves to the rescue.
I posted a snap of my waves on Instagram Stories the opposite day, and plenty of of you guys DM’d me asking precisely how I do my french braid waves. So, here is the way it goes down:
- I bathe within the night, comb out my hair, and let it largely air dry.
- Then, whereas I am watching TV (we’re at present doing an episode of Ozark every night time earlier than mattress), I divide my damp hair into two components and french braid every part. Don’t worry should you’re not an skilled french braider… I solely realized how you can do it final yr from watching a YouTube video, and whereas my expertise are nothing to brag about, they get the job carried out.
- Safe with skinny elastics, and fall asleep.
- The subsequent morning, I warmth up my flat iron and take 30 seconds to go over my cowlicks within the entrance of my hair, and flippantly straighten my ends so they don’t seem to be flipping out at bizarre angles.
- I spray flippantly throughout with hair spray, shake out the braids, and if I’ve a pair further minutes, I add a couple of waves with my 1″ curling iron simply to the highest of my head that did not get braided.
- Spritz with a little bit extra hairspray, add some texture spray, flip my head over and tough all of it up.
Executed and carried out, out the door. Er, ought to I say… into my lounge the place the remainder of my day will start, however I am going to a minimum of really feel a little bit cuter. Watch the IGTV step-by-step above, jump over there to go away any of your questions within the feedback, and store the merchandise I used beneath.