Simple Sizzling Cross Buns utilizing this straightforward dough from my Bagel Recipe. No yeast, no boiling, no fancy mixer. Bake them within the oven or within the air-fryer!
Great products that you can use in your life.
Sizzling Cross Buns
Serve them Easter morning with some laborious boiled eggs and fruit! Extra candy brunch additions I like are No-bake Strawberries and Cream Crepe Cake, Honey lemon Bars, and Chocolate Drizzled Coconut Macaroons.
Confession, I’ve by no means had a sizzling cross bun, though I did play it on my recorder in grade faculty! However I checked out a number of recipes and observed the dough was fairly just like my bagel dough, with the addition of raisins, cinnamon and a glaze on prime. I examined them out preserving the sugar on the lighter aspect, for the reason that glaze on prime provides extra sweetness and we cherished them. I assume you’ll be able to name them bagel cross buns, if you want!
How To Make Simple Sizzling Cross Buns
Suggestions for excellent sizzling cross buns:
- Use a silpat or parchment paper sprayed with oil to stop them from sticking to the baking sheet.
- Bake them on the highest rack so that they don’t brown an excessive amount of on the underside.
- Greek yogurt as an alternative of plain is a should, if there’s any liquid within the yogurt you’ll want to drain it. I examined with Fage and Stonyfield Greek, each labored nice. Chobani has been giving individuals sticky dough, so I might keep away from that model for this recipe.
- In case your dough is sticky add extra flour or use much less yogurt.
- You’ll be able to simply double or triple this recipe to make extra. You can even half or quarter it to make much less.
- To make them with self rising flour omit the salt and baking powder.
Suggestions for dairy-free sizzling cross buns:
I examined this dairy-free a number of alternative ways with success.
- You should use a thick dairy-free Greek yogurt, Kite Hill (blue label) was the model I discovered and examined. This yogurt just isn’t Zero Freestyle Factors.
- Use water as an alternative of milk for the glaze.
Sizzling Cross Buns
- 1 cup 5 ouncesunbleached all goal flour, entire wheat or gluten-free combine*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, ensure it’s not expired or it gained’t rise
- 2 tablespoons uncooked sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- half teaspoon kosher salt, use much less if utilizing desk salt
- 1 cup 0% Greek yogurt, not common yogurt, it is going to be too sticky
- 3 tablespoon raisins
- 1 egg white, crushed (entire egg works high quality too)
Icing (solely half will get used)*:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk or water
Preheat oven to 375F.
Place parchment paper or a silpat on a baking sheet. If utilizing parchment paper, spray with oil to keep away from sticking.
In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt and whisk effectively.
Add the yogurt and raisins, combine with a fork or spatula till effectively mixed, it’ll seem like small crumbles.
Calmly mud flour on a piece floor and take away dough from the bowl, knead the dough a number of occasions till dough is cheesy, however not sticky, about 10 to 15 turns (it mustn’t depart dough in your hand once you draw back).
Divide into Eight equal balls. Place on the ready baking sheet.
Prime with egg wash. Bake on the highest rack of the oven for 25 minutes. Let cool a minimum of 30 minutes earlier than icing.
Air Fryer Technique:
Preheat the air fryer 325F levels and set for 11 to 12 minutes.
Switch in batches with out overcrowding and bake 11 to 12 minutes, or till golden. No want to show.
Let cool a minimum of 30 minutes earlier than icing.
*Since solely half will get used on prime, I deducted half of the sugar from the evaluation.
Serving: 2buns, Energy: 230kcal, Carbohydrates: 46g, Protein: 10.5g, Fats: 0.5g, Sodium: 426mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 16.5g
Blue Good Factors: 7
Inexperienced Good Factors: 8
Purple Good Factors: 7
Factors +: 5
Key phrases: Air fryer dessert recipes, Simple Sizzling Cross Buns, Wholesome Sizzling Cross Buns, Sizzling Cross Buns, Sizzling Cross Buns Recipe