These selfmade granola bars are SO a lot better than any variety you’d purchase on the retailer. They’re straightforward to make, they usually’re chewy, nutty, and scrumptious.
Great products that you can use in your life.
Just a few weeks in the past, I began craving the granola bars I ate as a child. That they had a chewy texture, a candy, oat-y taste, and pockets of mini chocolate chips. Today, I don’t hold packaged snacks round the home, however I at all times have quaint oats, nuts, and seeds in my pantry. I won’t have had the precise granola bars I used to be craving readily available, however I might make selfmade granola bars that’d be even higher!
Quick ahead to now, and I’ve made this granola bar recipe extra instances than I can rely. It’s a breeze to make, and the bars are implausible. They’re chewy, candy, nutty, and studded with simply the correct quantity of chocolate chips. Stuffed with healthful elements like oats, pepitas, and nut butter, they’re wholesome sufficient to go for breakfast, however they’re additionally an ideal afternoon snack.
Granola Bar Recipe Substances
You solely want 7 fundamental elements to make this selfmade granola bar recipe:
- Pure peanut or cashew butter – It helps bind the bars collectively, and it provides protein, wholesome fat, and irresistible nutty taste.
- Entire rolled oats – They offer these bars an ideal chewy texture. In the event you’re gluten-free, just be sure you use licensed gluten-free oats.
- Honey – Together with the nut butter, it helps all these elements stick collectively! I like its heat amber taste on this recipe.
- Vanilla extract – It amps up the bars’ heat taste.
- Sea salt – To make all of the wealthy, candy, and nutty flavors on this recipe pop!
- Pepitas, crushed peanuts, or cashews – They add wholesome fat, protein, and crunch.
- Mini chocolate chips – Who doesn’t love nut butter and chocolate?! You’ll want to use mini chocolate chips right here, as common chocolate chips are too large to make cohesive bars. In the event you don’t have mini chocolate chips, finely chopped darkish chocolate will work of their place.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under.
Methods to Make Granola Bars
You received’t imagine how straightforward it’s to make this selfmade granola bar recipe! Right here’s what it’s essential do:
First, stir collectively the moist elements – the cashew or peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract, and salt.
Combine till the honey is absolutely integrated. It should odor superb!
Second, fold within the dry elements – the oats, chocolate chips, and pepitas. The combination may appear dry at first, however hold stirring! Every thing might be absolutely integrated very quickly.
Subsequent, press the bars right into a parchment-lined baking pan. Scoop the combination onto the underside of the pan, and canopy it with one other sheet of parchment paper. Firmly press the combination to the edges of the pan together with your arms. Then, use the again of a measuring cup to easy and flatten the tops of the bars.
Lastly, chill! Switch the pan to the fridge, and permit the combination to relax for one hour earlier than you slice and eat the bars. That’s it!
Granola Bar Recipe Suggestions
- Use runny nut butter. Search for pure cashew or peanut butter with a easy consistency to make this recipe, not the dry, stiff stuff that you just may discover on the backside of a jar. In case your nut butter is simply too dry or thick, it received’t bind the oats, chocolate chips, and nuts or seeds into cohesive bars.
- Don’t lower the chilling time brief. It’s tempting to slice and eat these bars as quickly as you press the oat combination into the pan, however to ensure that them to be chewy and cohesive, they really want to relax. Pop the pan within the fridge for at the least one hour earlier than slicing and consuming the bars.
- Retailer them within the fridge or freezer. When you slice the bars, cowl the pan and retailer it within the fridge, or switch the bars to an hermetic container. I like to recommend storing them with a sheet of parchment paper between layers in order that the bars don’t stick collectively. They’ll hold for as much as every week within the fridge, however you can too freeze them for as much as 2 months. I prefer to eat these granola bars straight out of the fridge, but when they’re frozen, allow them to thaw at room temperature for 20 minutes earlier than you eat.
Do-it-yourself Granola Bars Variations
- Change up the mix-ins! I like the mixture of mini chocolate chips and pepitas in these bars, however they’re scrumptious with different mix-ins too. Shredded unsweetened coconut, chopped dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and dried currants are a couple of of my favorites. Be happy to make use of what you want, however just be sure you chop any dried fruits or nuts to a small dimension. You also needs to preserve the ratios I take advantage of within the authentic recipe. If the mix-ins are too giant, or should you add too many, the bars received’t maintain collectively.
- Make them vegan. To make these granola bars vegan, substitute brown rice syrup for the honey. In the event you can’t discover brown rice syrup, you should utilize maple syrup right here. It’s not sticky sufficient to bind this combination into cohesive bars, nevertheless it makes scrumptious power balls! In the event you use maple, roll the oat combination into 16 balls earlier than you chill it. They make an ideal bite-sized snack!
Extra Favourite Oat-y Treats
In the event you love this chocolate chip granola bar recipe, strive one in every of these oat-y treats subsequent:
Do-it-yourself Granola Bars
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Chilling time: 1 hr
These selfmade granola bars are fast, scrumptious, and naturally gluten-free! If you wish to change the mix-ins, see the put up above for my tips about do it.
- 1 cup very easy pure peanut butter or cashew butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heaping half of teaspoon sea salt
- 2½ cups entire rolled oats
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons pepitas or crushed peanuts or cashews
Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, stir collectively the peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and salt, till easy.
Add the oats, chocolate chips and the pepitas (or nuts). Stir to mix and press firmly into the pan. Use a second piece of parchment paper and the again of a measuring cup to assist flatten the combination. Chill for at the least 1 hour, then slice into bars.
Retailer bars within the fridge.
Attempt our selfmade peanut butter on this recipe!