Anybody else going loopy throughout this quarantine or is it simply me? Excellent news is that I’ll proceed to convey you recipes to encourage you within the kitchen.
Immediately I’m coming to you with a deliciously straightforward recipe that’s straight out of my good friend Rachel Mansfield’s new cookbook, Just the Good Stuff. Rachel and I’ve been following one another for years on Instagram, and so when she despatched me a duplicate of her attractive new e book full of approachable recipes for a wholesome life-style, I knew I needed to share one thing scrumptious.
Great products that you can use in your life.
Despite the fact that her e book has loads of sweets, these easy greek salad pinwheels occurred to be the recipe that caught my eye as a result of I beloved how they jogged my memory of Spring. I adjusted the recipe only a tiny bit and used spinach tortillas, plus just a few totally different measurements–however aside from that it’s principally the identical as what you’ll discover in her e book.
Personally I believe these pinwheels are the right appetizer to make in case you’re entertaining (we’ll get there once more someday, I promise) or in case you simply want a simple lunch or 3pm quarantine snack, ha!
Elements in greek salad pinwheels
These tremendous straightforward greek pinwheels are made with simply 6 elements that you simply may need in your kitchen proper now! You may be at liberty to customise them and blend and match elements based mostly on what you’ve got. They’re prepared in lower than 10 minutes, nutritious, and an effective way to take pleasure in a plant based mostly meal. Right here’s what you want:
- Massive tortillas: be at liberty to make use of burrito-sized spinach or wheat tortillas to get loads of pinwheels. You may as well use gluten free or grain free tortillas in case you want.
- Hummus: use any taste you’d like! I all the time love an excellent garlic hummus, however one thing like roasted crimson pepper or perhaps a zesty lemon hummus could be scrumptious in right here.
- Feta: provides the right, scrumptious saltiness to the pinwheels
- Tomato: for bites of juicy freshness. Crimson bell pepper would even be scrumptious.
- Kalamata olives: these give the pinwheels that yummy Greek taste!
- Spinach: pack in loads of spinach for a lift of veggies and crunch.
These vegetarian greek salad pinwheels are nice for customizing so be at liberty to combine in your fav veggies and take a look at enjoyable hummus flavors (omg the spicy avocado hummus from Hope Meals could be delish!). YUM.
How you can make greek salad pinwheels
- Lay the tortillas out on a reducing board and unfold hummus evenly over every one. Divide the feta, tomato, olives and spinach between the tortillas, overlaying the tortillas utterly.
- Use your hand to flatten the fillings, then tightly roll up the tortillas. Place them seam-side down on the reducing board or on a plate.
- Chill the rolls within the fridge for 30 minutes or as much as 2 hours (you’ll be able to wrap them in plastic wrap or depart them uncovered).
- Take away the wraps from the fridge and minimize every roll into about eight items. Organize the pinwheels on a big plate and serve.
How you can retailer pinwheels
Retailer these vegetarian Greek salad pinwheels wrapped and lined within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days. Be at liberty to make them 1 day forward of time in case you’re going to serve them as an appetizer – I might simply suggest slicing them proper earlier than serving.
Customise these greek salad pinwheels
These straightforward greek pinwheels are nice for making your personal with what you’ve got on-hand or accommodating dietary wants.
- Need some further protein? Add chickpeas, tuna, salmon, turkey deli meat or cooked rooster!
- Make these dairy free & vegan by leaving off the feta.
- Simply make them gluten free through the use of gluten free wraps.
Extra savory snacks you’ll love
I hope you like these tremendous easy greek salad pinwheels! For those who make them you should definitely depart a remark & score so I understand how you appreciated them and don’t neglect to choose up a duplicate of Just the Good Stuff. xo!
Simple Greek salad pinwheels made in 10 minutes along with your favourite hummus, feta, tomato, spinach and olives. These scrumptious vegetarian pinwheels make a beautiful on-the-go lunch or a enjoyable, recent appetizer! Double to feed a crowd or meal prep them for the week.
massive tortillas (can do spinach or wheat!)
hummus of selection
chopped pitted kalamata olives
recent child spinach
Lay the tortillas out on a reducing board. Unfold the hummus evenly over every one. Divide the feta, tomato, olives and spinach between the tortillas, overlaying the tortillas utterly.
Use your hand to flatten the fillings, then tightly roll up the tortillas. Place them seam-side down on the reducing board or on a plate.
Chill the rolls within the fridge for 30 minutes or as much as 2 hours (you’ll be able to wrap them in plastic wrap or depart them uncovered).
Take away the wraps from the fridge and minimize every roll into about eight items.
Organize the pinwheels on a big plate and serve.
Recipe from Just the Good Stuff.
Be at liberty so as to add in half of cup chickpeas, tuna, salmon, turkey deli meat or cooked rooster for further protein.
Make these dairy free & vegan by leaving off the feta. Simply make them gluten free through the use of gluten free wraps.
Servings: 2 servings
Serving dimension: eight pinwheels
Saturated fats: 3.7g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats