I’ve determined to show my dwelling into an all-inclusive resort. I’m cranking up the thermostat (heat island vibes!) and doing a couple of small issues to pamper myself, beginning with breakfast. This creamy Coconut Chia Pudding is the treat-your-self option to start your day.
Great products that you can use in your life.
Coconut chia pudding is nice for you, but its wealthy texture provides it the indulgent “dessert for breakfast” vibe that I affiliate with trip.
Made with chia seeds, coconut milk, pure vanilla extract, and naturally sweetened with maple syrup or honey, this wholesome breakfast recipe is a mini escape. High it with juicy contemporary fruit or swirl in some jam. Will probably be just a little break you may return to anytime you want it.
The fundamental ratios on this recipe are tailored from my chocolate Chia Seed Pudding. Like the unique recipe, it’s wealthy and creamy, however right this moment’s coconut model is vegan.
The pudding’s luscious texture is because of coconut milk. Have a can in your pantry? This coconut chia pudding is simply what to make with it! The chia seeds create texture too. They plump right into a tapioca-like “pudding” when soaked in a single day.
You may take pleasure in this coconut chia pudding for breakfast or dessert, although I find it irresistible most for breakfast. One batch can final for 4 days within the fridge, so it’s a perfect make-ahead wholesome breakfast recipe. Strive it each methods, then choose your favourite!
The way to Make Coconut Chia Pudding
Chia seed pudding takes only a few components to make, and it will possibly maintain you full all morning. Take pleasure in it as is, or strive it topped with one of many serving options I’ve afterward within the publish.
- Chia Seeds. These little marvel specks are stuffed with fiber (5 grams in only one tablespoon) and have the curious high quality of swelling when mixed with liquid, making them splendid for creating puddings like this one.
Chia seeds are a flexible ingredient you may eat each day in numerous methods.
I exploit Bob’s Pink Mill chia seeds and have been including them to baked items, making three Ingredient Strawberry Chia Jam, and I additionally like them blended into smoothies. I really like the crunch and nutty taste chia seeds add when used dry, in addition to how additional filling they’re when left to soak up liquid as in right this moment’s coconut chia pudding.
- Coconut Milk. I used mild coconut milk and located it to be loads wealthy. Full-fat coconut milk could be very decadent and nearer to a dessert. This recipe makes use of one full can, so that you received’t have any unusual leftovers.
You may soak chia seeds in coconut water and they’ll plump up, although I don’t assume that coconut water would make for the most effective pudding. The coconut milk provides us the creaminess and physique that goes together with a pudding. Save your coconut water for a smoothie as a substitute.
- Honey or Maple Syrup. Whereas this pudding could style wealthy and decadent, utilizing a pure sweetener like maple syrup or honey retains it healthful sufficient for breakfast. Should you want this pudding to be vegan, use maple syrup as a substitute of honey.
- Vanilla Extract. Vanilla and coconut are an ideal match. It enhances the candy flavors and brings the nice and cozy climate/island vibes that all of us want.
- Salt. I promise that this pudding doesn’t style salty. The salt is the important thing to creating positive the pudding tastes flavorful, not flat. Don’t skip it.
- Use both a mixing bowl (pictured above) or liquid measuring cup (pictured beneath) to combine your pudding components. Stir till mixed. Refrigerate in a single day.
- Within the morning, give it another good stir. The pudding will likely be good and thick.
- Portion into your serving bowl, then add desired toppings, and DIG IN!
Coconut Chia Pudding – Make Forward Breakfast Concepts
Coconut chia pudding can final within the fridge for as much as 5 days. To prep it forward:
- Fridge Technique. Put together your chia pudding as directed, and retailer it in an hermetic storage container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. You may retailer it in a coated mixing bowl, or switch it to portion-sized jars. Put together your toppings prematurely, so you may simply add them to your pudding all through the week.
- Freezer Technique. It’s also possible to make a giant batch of chia pudding and freeze it in small, hermetic freezer-safe storage containers for as much as 2 months. Let every portion thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than serving.
Coconut Chia Seed Pudding Topping Solutions
- Citrusy Coconut Chia Pudding. Add ½ teaspoon lemon zest or orange zest.
- Berry Coconut Chia Pudding. High with contemporary blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries. This combo is particularly tasty with lemon or orange zest.
- Chocolate Coconut Chia Pudding. High your coconut pudding with mini chocolate chips.
- Vegan Coconut Chia Pudding. Use pure maple syrup as a substitute of honey.
- Add Some Crunch. High your pudding with toasted coconut flakes, granola, or toasted nuts.
- Coconut Chia Jam Pudding. High with 1 tablespoon of your favourite jam.
Extra Make Forward Breakfast Recipes
Really useful Instruments to Make This Recipe
- Small Whisk. The smaller dimension assist maintain components within the bowl as a substitute of splashing them onto the counter.
- Cute Little Jars. An lovely, enjoyable option to retailer and serve your chia pudding.
- Clear Mixing Bowls. This bowl is good for mixing and storing. It’s additionally dishwasher-safe.
Meet me on the fridge, and produce your spoon. It’s time for a coconut chia pudding getaway!
A wholesome coconut chia pudding made with low fats coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. This wealthy, creamy pudding is scrumptious for breakfast or dessert!
In a medium mixing bowl or large liquid measuring cup, stir together the coconut milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt so that the chia seeds are evenly distributed throughout. I find a fork works well for this. Cover and refrigerate overnight. If you think of it, give the mixture one more stir before bed. If you forget, don’t stress over it.
In the morning, stir once more to evenly combine the seeds throughout. Taste and add more maple syrup if you’d like it a bit sweeter. Portion into your bowl, then add toppings of choice. Enjoy!
- TO STORE: Prepare your chia pudding as directed, and store it in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can store it in a covered mixing bowl, or transfer it to portion-sized jars. Prepare your toppings in advance, so you can easily add them to your pudding throughout the week.
- TO MAKE AHEAD + FREEZE: You can also make a big batch of chia pudding and freeze it in small, airtight freezer-safe storage containers for up to 2 months. Let each portion thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Keyword: coconut milk chia pudding, healthy chia seed pudding, make ahead breakfast
Amount per serving (1 (of 4)) — Calories: 173, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Potassium: 61mg, Carbohydrates: 14g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin C: 1%, Calcium: 95%, Iron: 1%
This recipe was originally shared in 2015 in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill. I updated it in 2020 with fresh photos and a step-by-step video. The recipe is as delicious as ever.
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.