I don’t find out about you, however I’ve an actual dependancy to the superfood underdog AKA crimson cabbage. (Some individuals name it purple, however technically it’s crimson.) I’m undecided when the cabbage obsession actually began (possibly it was from this salad) however now I’m principally satisfied that cabbage must be in EVERYTHING.
Do you know that crimson cabbage is definitely the more healthy cabbage? Don’t get me unsuitable, each crimson and inexperienced varieties are great however crimson cabbage truly incorporates extra vitamin A and iron than it’s inexperienced counterpart. Each cabbages colours assist to advertise a wholesome intestine (which is what we’re all about today), battle irritation, enhance your immunity and include loads of vitamins your physique wants. CABBAGE PATCH PARTY.
Great products that you can use in your life.
My favourite factor about cabbage isn’t simply the diet although. It’s the epic CRUNCH it provides salads and slaws. It’s addicting and I can’t cease placing it in recipes.
Enjoyable truth: I cherished coleslaw as a bit woman. I’d ask for giant bowls of it with plenty of black pepper. Dad made a do-it-yourself model with plenty of mayo. This model isn’t Dad’s however IT IS for all you millennials. Heh.
Is coleslaw wholesome?
Whereas coleslaw is absolutely simply made up of a bunch of crunchy, colourful greens, conventional coleslaw recipes are often coated in dressings made up of mayo and sugar. On this wholesome, paleo coleslaw recipe we’re skipping the mayo fully and tossing all the attractive veggies with a tangy, barely candy dressing made with apple cider vinegar and easy components to maintain the coleslaw vegan and dairy free.
Elements in wholesome coleslaw
This unbelievable wholesome coleslaw recipe makes use of contemporary components to create a crunchy, brilliant gut-friendly coleslaw with out mayo or sugar. You’ll want:
- Purple & inexperienced cabbage: I really like utilizing each crimson and inexperienced cabbage for additional crunch and quite a lot of flavors.
- Carrots: you’ll want loads shredded carrots on this wholesome coleslaw recipe.
- Cilantro: for the proper quantity of freshness.
- Jalapeño: a enjoyable kick of warmth on this coleslaw! Be happy to omit in case you’re delicate to spice.
- Inexperienced onion: for a bit additional zip on this coleslaw.
- Pepitas & toasted sliced almonds: each the pepitas (that are roasted pumpkin seeds) and almonds add a beautiful additional crunch with all the veggies.
- Olive oil: a little bit of olive oil will assist the “dressing” coat all of these attractive veggies within the coleslaw.
- Apple cider vinegar: use apple cider vinegar so as to add that tangy scrumptious taste present in coleslaw recipes. It’s additionally nice for intestine well being!
- Pure maple syrup: as an alternative of utilizing granulated sugar like in conventional coleslaw recipes, we’re justing a little bit of pure maple syrup to frivolously sweeten the coleslaw. Be happy to regulate relying on how candy you prefer it.
- Garlic: a bit garlicky taste makes this wholesome coleslaw additional scrumptious.
- Cayenne pepper: add a pinch of cayenne for a bit additional warmth, or be at liberty to omit.
- Salt & pepper: to carry all the flavors collectively.
Whereas this model isn’t your typical coleslaw, it’s nonetheless bought scrumptious taste due to carrots, cilantro, jalapeno (if you would like), seeds, nuts and a zippy apple cider maple dressing. It’s a bit candy, a bit spicy, and higher than that soggy white coleslaw they serve at eating places.
The right way to make wholesome coleslaw
- Add all the coleslaw components to a big bowl aside from the pepitas, almonds and dressing.
- In a smaller bowl, add your dressing components and whisk to mix.
- Pour the dressing over the coleslaw and toss properly to mix. Style and alter seasonings if want be. Place the coleslaw within the fridge for at the least 1 hour to let the flavors marinate.
- Earlier than serving, add within the pepitas and toasted almonds and toss to mix.
The right way to retailer wholesome coleslaw
Retailer this straightforward, wholesome coleslaw coated within the fridge for as much as 5 days. That is a tremendous make-ahead recipe for picnics and BBQ’s as a result of the flavors deepen because the coleslaw marinates!
Recipes to pair with this wholesome coleslaw
Unbelievable Gradual Cooker Pulled Hen Sandwiches
Final Vegan Black Bean Burgers with Creamy Tahini Garlic Sauce
Blackened Salmon Tacos
Candy Potato Black Bean Tacos
Vegan Candy Potato Burgers
In the event you make this wholesome coleslaw recipe, remember to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram. We’d additionally love in case you would depart a remark under and fee the recipe. We admire you! xo.
Finest Wholesome Coleslaw Ever (no mayo!)
The BEST wholesome coleslaw made with contemporary purple cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and a kick of warmth from jalapeño. There isn’t any mayo or sugar, only a naturally candy and barely tangy dressing with a touch of pure maple syrup. This easy, wholesome coleslaw recipe is vegan, paleo & dairy free and ideal serving together with your favourite grilling recipes all summer season!
- For the slaw:
medium head of purple cabbage, shredded (about Three cups shredded cabbage)
medium head of inexperienced cabbage, shredded (about Three cups shredded cabbage)
heaping cups shredded carrots
finely chopped cilantro
jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
inexperienced onion (inexperienced half solely)
toasted sliced almonds
- For the dressing:
additional virgin olive oil
apple cider vinegar
pure maple syrup, relying how candy you want your slaw
garlic, finely minced
cayenne pepper, non-obligatory
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Add all of the components for the slaw aside from the almonds and pepitas to a big bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk collectively all of the components for the dressing. Pour everywhere in the slaw and toss properly to mix. Style and alter seasonings as vital. Cowl and place in fridge for at the least an hour to permit flavors to marinate collectively.
Earlier than serving, sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds and pepitas; toss once more and serve.
The right way to retailer coleslaw: retailer this coleslaw coated within the fridge for as much as 5 days. That is a tremendous make-ahead recipe for picnics and BBQ’s as a result of the flavors deepen because the coleslaw marinates!
Servings: Eight servings
Serving dimension: 1 serving
Saturated fats: 1g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats