I’d prefer to introduce you to your new favourite morning, noon, and night deal with: Applesauce Muffins! Fluffy, tender oatmeal muffins made with cinnamon, applesauce, and a contact of honey, these pleasantly plump, wholesome muffins include no butter, no sugar, and finest (and most significantly) of all, they’re SO TASTY!
Great products that you can use in your life.
These healthful muffins are easy, cozy, and homey in the absolute best approach.
The nice and cozy contact of cinnamon and the toasty bits of oatmeal make me consider spontaneous hugs, baking one thing enjoyable simply because, and time spent with family members, all of which I might fortunately welcome extra of in my life proper now.
That is the perfect wholesome muffin for teenagers, toddlers, and adults alike. The acquainted flavors of cinnamon and applesauce attraction to all, they’re good for breakfasts on the go, and the wholesome ingredient line up means you’ll really feel nice consuming them too.
THESE ARE THE BEST APPLESAUCE MUFFINS YOU WILL EVER BAKE. I pinky promise!
The Wholesome Muffin Recipe You Have to Strive
With the plethora of wholesome muffin recipes on this web site, I notice that it might sound a bit superfluous so as to add one other, to which I say, can we ever have an excessive amount of time with family members? Or hugs? Or wholesome breakfasts? I believe not!
And whereas I’ve a couple of totally different oatmeal muffin choices—Wholesome Blueberry Muffins, Maple Oatmeal Muffins—and much more non-oatmeal muffin choices—Wholesome Banana Muffins; Wholesome Zucchini Muffins; all of those wholesome muffin recipes—I didn’t have a recipe to swimsuit what I used to be most craving: a batch of fine, old school jumbo applesauce muffins.
This craving appeared completely affordable, so I got down to make the easiest muffins within the land.
Ta-da! In the present day’s recipe is it.
What’s in These Greatest Ever Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins
Whereas these aren’t one bowl applesauce muffins, the prep is extremely easy, fast, and also you don’t want a mixer. With heat, cozy spices and a young crumb, these muffins are a heart-warming embrace wrapped right into a tiny bundle.
- Cinnamon, Spice, and Every part Good. I knew I needed to make cinnamon applesauce muffins, and for additional taste, I added cinnamon’s BFFs nutmeg and allspice. These two small touches make the muffins really particular.
- Honey. I needed to see if I may make these naturally sweetened by changing sugar with honey. Whereas honey continues to be a type of sugar, it’s extra pure, and I merely adore the way in which its homey style pairs with the oatmeal.
- Oatmeal. Coronary heart wholesome oatmeal is excessive in fiber, offers the muffins a scrumptious texture, and makes them extra filling too.
- Complete Wheat Flour. These muffins are 100% entire grain, that means they’re wealthy in fiber and different vitamins to maintain you fuller for lengthy. I promise they don’t style prefer it! Benefit from the wholesome breakfast enhance, and assist your self to a different.
- Oil + Applesauce. Applesauce is a superb substitute for a portion of the oil in lots of wholesome baking recipes like this one. Right here, applesauce goes even farther by making the muffins additional moist, and it turns into part of their taste.
- Combine the moist substances collectively in a single bowl, and whisk the dry substances collectively in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry substances to the moist substances. Stir to mix, including within the oats.
- Pour the batter into the wells of a muffin pan. Sprinkle sugar excessive of every muffin, then bake the muffins for 18 to 22 minutes at 350 levels F. Let cool on a wire rack, then DIG IN!
Substituting Oil for Applesauce in Muffins
This recipe takes benefit of the outdated wholesome baking trick to swap applesauce for part of the oil in muffins. This trick works nicely in lots of fast breads too.
- I don’t advocate substituting 100% of the oil for applesauce on this muffin recipe (or some other). Baked recipes like muffins do want some fats to make sure they arrive out smooth and splendid.
- In case you use solely applesauce in a muffin recipe, the muffins might be gummy.
- Usually, if the recipe doesn’t already use the applesauce trick, you may swap half of the quantity of oil for a similar quantity of unsweetened applesauce.
- On this recipe, I’ve already minimize out as a lot of the oil as potential and used applesauce; please don’t scale back it additional.
Applesauce Muffins Dietary Swaps
- Gluten Free Applesauce Muffins. To make these muffins gluten free, swap the white entire wheat flour for a 1:1 gluten free flour like this one. Ensure that your oats are licensed gluten free.
- Vegan Applesauce Muffins. For applesauce muffins no eggs, use flax eggs and swap the maple syrup for honey.
Tips on how to Retailer and Freeze Applesauce Muffins
- To Retailer. Place muffins in a single layer in an hermetic storage container lined with paper towels. Retailer at room temperature for as much as Four days.
- To Freeze. Wrap muffins individually in plastic wrap, and retailer them in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container within the freezer for as much as Three months.
- See my information on Tips on how to Retailer Muffins for added suggestions and methods.
Extra Wholesome Muffin Recipes
See my Wholesome Muffin Baking Information for much more muffin recipes and suggestions.
Really useful Instruments to Make These Muffins
- Muffin Pan. It’s sturdy, straightforward to scrub, received’t warp, and the muffins don’t stick.
- Measuring Cups. These are nice as a result of they wash nicely and don’t bend when scooping a very hefty cup of oatmeal.
- Measuring Spoons. These keep organized in my drawer. Additionally, two sides means fewer dishes.
I hope you’ll give these scrumptious muffins a attempt! They’re a valued member of my wholesome muffin household.
A scrumptious and wholesome recipe for Wholesome Applesauce Muffins with oatmeal, cinnamon, and honey. Straightforward to make with no sugar and no butter! The proper wholesome muffins for teenagers and adults too.
— melted & cooled
pure vanilla extract
white whole wheat flour
old-fashioned rolled oats
up to 1/2 cup optional mix-ins: chopped walnuts
— raisins, dried cranberries, blueberries, etc. (I kept it simple and left them out, but feel free to add if you like)
— such as raw (turbinado) sugar or sparkling sugar, for sprinkling on top (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 10 wells in a standard 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with paper liners.
In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, honey, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and sat.
Add the flour mixture to the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. The batter will be a little lumpy. Gently stir in the rolled oats and any other desired mix-ins.
Divide evenly among the muffin cups, filling each almost to the top. Sprinkle the tops with coarse sugar, if desired. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and place the muffin tin on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then gently remove the muffins from the pan (run a butter knife around the edges if the muffins are sticking) and let them cool completely on the wire rack.
Applesauce Muffins, applesauce muffins no butter, Healthy Muffin Recipe, healthy muffins for kids, healthy oatmeal muffin recipe
Amount per serving (1 muffin, without mix-ins) — Calories: 227, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 37mg, Carbohydrates: 34g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 19g, Protein: 4g
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.