Need to get artistic along with your weeknight dinners? These straightforward rice bowl recipes are simply the factor for you! They’re versatile, enjoyable, and scrumptious.
Great products that you can use in your life.
9 instances out of 10, I provide you with my favourite rice bowl recipes on nights after I don’t know what to cook dinner for dinner. As a result of rice bowls depend on parts – white or brown rice, a protein, a veggie, a sauce – you may virtually at all times improvise them with out a journey to the shop. Begin with a base of cooked rice, after which, get artistic! Easy substances can combine and match right into a wholesome, scrumptious rice bowl in an infinite variety of methods, so don’t hesitate to have enjoyable.
To get you began, I’m sharing 15 of my finest rice bowl recipes under. You’ll additionally discover concepts for substitutions that can assist you use what you may have available, in addition to suggestions and methods to make the bowls straightforward to prep and enjoyable to eat. Whether or not you make them to the letter or change them up totally, I hope you take pleasure in these rice bowl recipes!
Rice Bowl Recipe Prep Suggestions
- Get forward. Rice bowl recipes are nice for meal prep! Make per week’s price of bowls forward of time, or save leftovers from dinner to eat for lunch the following day. Retailer the sauce individually till you’re able to eat.
- Or make further of particular person parts. Prepare dinner a double batch of rice to show right into a stir fry or fried rice the following evening, or make further sauce to have available all through the week. You’ll drizzle it over every thing – salads, roasted veggies, and extra!
- Use what you may have and get artistic! Should you don’t have the precise substances to a recipe available, swap in a unique grain, protein, vegetable, or sauce. Prepare dinner a batch of quinoa or farro as a substitute of rice, or use roasted chickpeas or a hard boiled egg as a substitute of tempeh. Should you don’t have all of the substances to a selected sauce, make a unique one! Listed below are a number of of my favorites:
Egg and Rice Bowl Recipes
- Swappable veggies: Use simply 2 or three veggies, substitute the spinach with chard, bok choy, or child kale, or attempt pickled daikon as a substitute of carrots or cucumber.
Tamago Kake Gohan
This Japanese consolation meals is historically eaten for breakfast, however I’d fortunately devour it at any time of day!
Farmers Market Breakfast Bowl
As a substitute of normal rice, this grain-free breakfast bowl options cumin-spiced carrot “rice.”
- Swappable veggies: Substitute the carrots and beets with broccoli or cauliflower rice, use simply 2 or three veggies, or add cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, inexperienced onions, cucumber, or snap peas.
Tofu or Tempeh Rice Bowl Recipes
Cauliflower Rice Kimchi Bowls
These super-veggie cauliflower rice bowls could also be wholesome, however that doesn’t imply they skimp on taste. Kimchi provides warmth, sautéed mushrooms give them wealthy, savory taste, and a creamy coconut miso sauce ties all of it collectively.
- Swappable veggies: Use spinach, chard, bok choy, or cabbage as a substitute of the kale, or substitute the shiitakes with one other mushroom selection. Should you don’t have cauliflower, make this bowl with regular rice, cilantro lime rice, or broccoli rice.
Spicy Mango and Avocado Rice Bowl
Have you ever ever cooked black forbidden rice? It provides nutty taste to those candy and spicy bowls, and it provides them a putting look. If yow will discover it, you need to attempt it, however for those who can’t, don’t fear. White or brown basmati rice would work equally nicely right here.
- Swappable veggies: Use any number of cabbage, or swap asparagus, bell pepper, snap peas, or snow peas for the radishes and cucumber. Should you don’t have mango, skip it, or substitute it with pineapple.
Kimchi Brown Rice Bliss Bowls
I name these “bliss bowls” for a cause! Stuffed with crunchy veggies, creamy avocado, savory tempeh, and a creamy peanut sauce, they’re tremendous enjoyable to eat, and so they make you are feeling wonderful.
- Swappable veggies: Strive utilizing carrot ribbons as a substitute of cucumbers, or use massaged kale or Napa cabbage as a substitute of pink cabbage.
Shiitake Bok Choy Buddha Bowls, web page 147 of Love and Lemons Every Day
These bowls are my favourite type of consolation meals. They’re heat, cozy, and satisfying, however in no way heavy. Make a double batch of the savory walnut-miso sauce – you’re going to wish to drizzle it over every thing!
- Swappable veggies: Use any number of mushrooms, or substitute the bok choy with spinach or kale.
Beans and Rice Bowls
- Swappable veggies: Swap the snap peas for asparagus, use radishes as a substitute of the carrots or cucumbers, or add roasted broccoli. I really like basil right here, however mint or cilantro could be equally good.
- Swappable veggies: Use roasted candy potatoes as a substitute of potatoes, or go away them out. Should you don’t have chard, spinach would work simply as nicely right here.
Adzuki Bean and Brown Rice Bowl
No adzuki beans? No worries. Black beans are scrumptious right here too.
- Swappable veggies: Use any type of cabbage, or swap the snap peas for bell peppers, radishes, or cucumbers.
Extra Favourite Rice Bowls
These two rice bowl recipes don’t embrace a protein, however that doesn’t imply you couldn’t add one. Edamame or baked tofu could be welcome additions to each.
Vegan Poke Bowl
This plant-based riff on a deconstructed sushi bowl makes use of watermelon as a substitute of uncooked fish. I usually take pleasure in this refreshing bowl with out a base of rice, however be happy so as to add one for a heartier meal.
Coconut Rice with Brussels Sprouts, web page 63 of The Love and Lemons Cookbook
My mother makes this coconut rice recipe many times. The reason being clear: it’s straightforward to make, it makes use of easy substances, and it’s downright scrumptious.
Rice Bowl Recipes: Mango Avocado Rice Bowl
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Prepare dinner Time: 5 minutes
Whole Time: 25 minutes
These savory & candy mango avocado ginger rice bowls are one in all our favourite rice bowl recipes!
- 2 handfuls snap peas, strings eliminated
- 1 to 2 cups cooked short grain white rice
- 2 cups shredded inexperienced cabbage
- 1 small carrot, sliced into very skinny cash
- ½ English cucumber, thinly sliced into cash
- 1 small ripe ataulfo mango, diced
- ½ cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger
- ¼ cup thinly sliced recent basil
- ¼ cup toasted peanuts, elective
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds, elective
- ¼ to ½ avocado, elective
- 2 tablespoons tamari, extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon sriracha, extra for serving
Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk collectively the tamari, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, cane sugar, and sriracha.
Convey a small pot of salted water to a boil and place a bowl of ice water close by. Blanch the snap peas by putting them within the boiling water for 1½ minutes, then scoop them into the ice water to cease the cooking course of. As soon as cooled, drain, pat dry, and chop.
Assemble the bowls with the rice, shredded cabbage, carrot, cucumber, mango, black beans, pickled ginger, and basil. Prime with the toasted peanuts, sesame seeds, and avocado, if utilizing. Drizzle bowls with half the dressing and serve the remainder on the facet together with tamari and sriracha, if desired.